Thursday, August 13, 2009

ARTmostfierce's Photolucida Critical Mass 2009 picks

Photos by Anita Bowen entries for Photolucida's Critical Mass 2009





Artist Statement

I am visiting my brother’s brand new house in his brand new neighborhood in Southern Maryland. Everything is perfectly perfect except; where are the people on this warm Saturday morning in late June? I stand alone outside surveying the quiet. In the distance I see a small figure walking towards me. I wait. I ask. “Ok.” I click. I am delighted by the quirkiness of us humans. And it is in the most unexceptional and small moments that I seek to explore bits of gesture and mood framed by color and composition. These elements begin to vibrate together in the frame of my camera and there is a soft quiet humor. We are odd. And it is in this oddness that I find an enormous source of hope and joy. It reassures me that we cannot do away with the aliveness and genuine quality of our human nature. For all the commercialization and corporatization of our lives, we are still blessedly and refreshingly odd individuals who are more or less blindly seeking our way.

YES!

Anita Bowen
Sf, CA
United States
click@anitabowen.com
anitabowen.com

No comments: